Raleigh, North Carolina
WakeMed Named Top Hospital Employer to Work for in NC,
according to a ranking published by Forbes magazine - as determined by employee ratings on an independent survey.
Serving the community since 1961, WakeMed Health & Hospitals is the leading provider of health services in Wake County, North Carolina. With a mission to improve the health and well-being of our community, we are committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care. It all starts with putting patients and families at the forefront.
WakeMed has three acute care hospitals and a physical rehabilitation hospital for a total of 970-beds. We also have three healthplexes throughout the region with stand-alone, 24/7 emergency departments and a variety of outpatient services. Our growing network of physician practices include more than 350 physicians representing nearly every specialty, with locations across our service area.
WakeMed offers many patient-focused and professional job opportunities, and we are dedicated to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals in any way that we can. At WakeMed, you are not just an employee – you are family.
WakeMed is located in one of the most vibrant areas of the United States, known as the Triangle of North Carolina. The Triangle, including Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding communities, is consistently ranked among the best places to live and work in the United States. So whether you prefer rural, suburban or urban living, you’ll find it here — along with a moderate climate and welcoming, diverse communities for families and individuals.
At WakeMed Health & Hospitals, our commitment to the health and well-being of our community begins right here at home with the WakeMed family.
We are proud to offer a competitive benefits package and many programs and services to help our employees grow personally and professionally and provide the security they need, for today and tomorrow. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical & dental insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary vision insurance
Security for the Future
- Retirement savings plan [403(b)] with employer matching
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Leave of absence
- Tuition and specialty certification reimbursement
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Healthy Rewards Account (HRA) for participants in WakeWell Rewards
- Health and wellness education programs
- Tobacco cessation assistance
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Healthworks, WakeMed's on-site fitness center
- College savings plan
- Will preparation services
- WakeShare, profit sharing program
- Employee health concierge services
- On-site pharmacy services
- Discounted rates on child care
- Discounts to hundreds of area vendors
We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our employees and our employees care for the community.
At WakeMed, we are guided by a simple — yet powerful – mission: to improve the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding and compassionate care to all.
To deliver on this mission, we employ a team of more than 10,000 dedicated, compassionate individuals who share our passion for putting others first and commitment to our unique culture: The Wake Way.
The Wake Way has been a vital part of who we are and what we do for the past 60 years. The Wake Way means going above and beyond to help our patients, their families and each other, providing not only outstanding medical treatment, but the care and caring that leads to healing. It is a commitment to caring that goes far beyond our walls, as we work to make our community a healthier place to live, work and play.
It’s because of the Wake Way that people are proud to spend 40, 45 and even 50 years as members of the WakeMed family.
WakeMed is committed to providing an inclusive work and patient care environment where differences are valued and everyone is respected.
Diversity, inclusion and access have been core to WakeMed's mission and values since its founding more than 60 years ago. From the beginning, WakeMed has been dedicated to providing outstanding and compassionate care to all who seek our services, regardless of age, race, religion or ability to pay.
As our community has grown, so too has our commitment to providing the resources needed to meet the diverse needs of our patients and provide a positive patient experience as well as high-quality, safe care, recognizing that individual needs and preferences differ.
WakeMed is committed to improving the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding and compassionate care to all.
WakeMed will be the provider of choice and the preferred partner for quality healthcare and community health by:
- Collaborating with physicians, employees, volunteers and others to engage, educate and guide our community to take charge of their health and well-being
- Transforming patient care delivery through high quality, coordinated services for the best value.
- Ensuring we are the best minds and biggest hearts.
- We foster trust while demonstrating transparency, accountability, integrity and honesty in all that we do.
- We provide a quality experience to all we serve and ensure dignity and respect throughout the healing process.
- We are a leader in patient safety, innovation, and education.
- We empower and respect physicians, nurses, volunteers, and all members of our healthcare team while recognizing achievements and encouraging development.
- We ensure sound financial stewardship by operating a well-managed, goal-directed, fiscally responsible organization.
- We partner with others whose culture and values enhance our ability to improve the health of our community.