An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing world-class healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that's what we're delivering. Join us and make a difference every day in service of this extraordinary work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We're enhancing our technology, energizing organizational climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is challenging, but Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a talented workforce inspired by those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the ever-changing environment.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Academic Programs, the Management Assistant II provides administrative support to the Academic Programs team.
The incumbent should demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills in applying detailed knowledge of responsibilities, functions and underlying management structure of Human Resources, Academic Programs, the Academic Enterprise, and of the larger Health System in organizing and prioritizing work, establishing procedures and systems and ensuring the orderly and timely flow of business through the office.
1. Provides high level of customer service by answering client inquiries. Uses sound judgment to route and prioritize inquiries.
2. Provides administrative support to Academic Program Advisors in their areas of responsibility including: Faculty Development and Diversity, UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Academic Appointments, Research Internship and Research Visitor programs, graduate student programs, Special Licensing and Postdoc Program.
3. Communicates with employees at all levels to complete medical center and program requirements.
4. Coordinate logistics for Academic Program meetings and events including emailing notifications, tracking RSVPs, scheduling of meeting rooms, ordering catering, preparing/organizing applicable paperwork as needed and taking meeting minutes/notes as needed.
5. Assists with updating all applicable Academic Program content on the Cedars-Sinai internet/intranet.
6. Assists with maintaining all relevant Academic Program database records and systems. Assists with maintaining Academic Program reporting metrics in order to prepare periodic, recurring reports from the files and database.
7. Maintains forms, documents and supplies, such as orientation packets, copies of new appointment forms for visitors, etc. Supports the Academic Programs team with general administrative duties, such as pick-up/drop off documents, creating labels and Fed Ex, mailings, filing and audit projects.
8. Prepares check requests, purchase orders, expense reimbursements, processes expense reimbursement to include tracking, logging and filing check requests, picking up checks when requires, delivering and mailing.
9. Works in cooperation with other assistants to cover main telephone line for the department.
10. Performs other administrative duties, miscellaneous projects and tasks as assigned.
Two to three years progressively responsible office and administrative experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to independently establish administrative and office procedures.
3. Ability to problem solve proactively and creatively and drive appropriate solutions independently and on own initiative.
4. Ability to compose letters, policy statements, procedure manuals and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into a complete document suitable for publication and distribution.
5. Ability to type proficiently (60 -75 WPM). Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically demonstrating expertise in Excel with compiling and maintaining spreadsheets capturing key data related to Academic Programs. This includes researching, updating, and validating data to ensure accurate data availability for stakeholders.
7. Ability to manage multiple priorities with short time-lines, and ability to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
8. Ability to interact effectively with clients, applicants/candidates, and internal staff with a customer centric approach.
9. Must be flexible and work well under pressure.
10. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Office environment with walking to the medical center and other buildings. Ability to sit for long periods of time, use the computer, answer the phone. Ability to push, pull, lift and carry without restrictions.
Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients.Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 2,800 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network, which includes the highly rated Cedars-Sinai Medical Group and Cedars-Sinai Health Associates. Cedars-Sinai has consistently been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, has received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 18 years in a row for providing the highest quality medical care in Los Angeles, and has the longest running Magnet desig...nation for nursing excellence in California. Cedars-Sinai is a leader in the clinical care and research of heart disease, cancer and brain disorders, among other areas. Pioneering research achievements include using cardiac stem cells to repair damaged hearts, developing minimally invasive surgical techniques and discovering new types of drugs to target cancer more precisely. Cedars-Sinai also impacts the future of healthcare through education programs that encompass everything from highly competitive medical residency and fellowship programs to a biomedical science and translational medicine PhD program, advanced training for nurses and educational opportunities for allied health professionals. Most notably, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a longstanding commitment to strengthening the Los Angeles community through wide-ranging programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.