Providence is calling a Sr. Service Line Leader-TeleHealth to Providence Health & Services in Seattle, WA.
As part of the Providence Telehealth team, the Sr. Service Line Leader - Telehealth is responsible for mastering Telehealth service line(s) to meet our customers' needs. This includes focusing externally and internally, on the competitive landscape to determine service need; to partner with Medical, operational and technical leaders to create service(s) that meet customer needs and are viable from a business perspective; and to measure the success of the service in the market. We are looking for a Sr Service Line Leader to be the subject matter expert for the market (regarding both users and buyers) and must be extremely skilled at translating that market and service knowledge into service design and execution.
In this position you will:
- Develop Telehealth service line strategies and execution plans for designated experiences and business units, identifying critical initiatives, dependencies, and required investments for new and existing services.
- Partner with Medical Director dyad partner to ensure that expectations of the patients and providers are met
- Develop business cases for Telehealth service(s) including program goals and KPIs/reporting plan, use case and scope of services
- Develop business plan for leadership consideration
- Develop, monitor, and adhere to budget for assigned service(s)
- Develop billing/coding strategy for assigned service(s) (payer integration strategy, billing process consistent with business plan)
- Develop product/service roadmaps
- Develop and maintain contract exhibits for services
- Manage and host Provider meetings for assigned services
- Drive engagement with Provider teams
- Use knowledge of strategic direction and technical environment to contribute innovative ideas, and to help select and prioritize services and their requirements to be created and implemented
- Manage the service life cycle from strategy to tactical execution
- Conduct market and competitive research providing summaries and recommendations for service positioning
- Ensure adherence to clinical guidelines/standardization to best practice
- Collaborate with Marketing on positioning and value propositions
- Provide materials in support of Sales cycle (FAQs, presentation materials, target sales location types, minimal site requirements)
- Develop cost-benefit-analysis, budgets and funding requests
- Develop service forecasts, builds financial/business models and track ROI for Telehealth service line(s)
- Collaborate with finance and contracting to develop pricing strategy, model and guidelines
- Ensure operational readiness when introducing new or enhanced products
- Complete special projects as assigned
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Seven or more years of closely related product or service line management, project management, program management experience
- A demonstrated track record of being a successful change agent, leaving every team and process with improvements.
- Seasoned interpersonal skills that allow incumbent to listen and understand; cause understanding in others; accurately exchange key information; overcome resistance to ideas; and create change when necessary.
- Ability to intensely focus on customers and their service needs.
- Skills in financial analysis and market analysis, so as to accurately measure needs and outcomes.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters of Business, Marketing, Design or Health Administration a plus
- Relevant work experience in healthcare or Telehealth related projects preferred
- Project tracking skills a plus.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 147960