Providence is calling a full time, day shift Regional Director of Oncology Services to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
In this position, you will:
- Be accountable for leadership, direction and implementation of Oncology Services for Providence Health & Services Southern California (PH&S or Providence), including development and implementation of a Strategic Plan with all stakeholders which supports and advances the PH&S System and Southern California Region overall strategic and program goals; oversight of the Roy & Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center; and development/oversight of oncology programs, services and sites throughout the Southern California Region:
- Transform delivery of clinical care – Develop and implement program strategies that will provide an exceptional patient-centered experience by developing a seamless care delivery system and innovative care models to improve quality outcomes, reduce unnecessary clinical variation, improve coordination across the continuum, and expand clinical trials activity.
- Create enduring alignment with physicians, researchers and clinicians – Create internal and external provider alignment strategies that strengthen seamless and innovative care delivery and achieve the Triple Aim: improved quality, affordability and customer experience.
- Thrive under new reimbursement models – Collaborate with Finance and Managed Care to develop program strategies and partner with payers, purchasers and providers to develop reimbursement models that advance seamless and innovative care delivery by rewarding quality, care coordination and value.
- Enhance access by improving affordability – Develop and implement program strategies to enhance access to care and improve health care affordability by providing value-based care across the continuum and reducing overall administrative and care delivery expenses.
- Grow to meet community needs – Create and implement strategies to serve more people throughout the cancer care continuum of care via appropriate growth and development of program services in existing and new markets. This includes pursuit of NCI Community Cancer Center Program designation and development of academic and community partnerships with other organizations.
- Be responsible to develop and implement a Regional Oncology Strategic Plan across the Region and continuum of care in collaboration with the Southern California Region Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), Regional leadership, Hospital Administration, physicians and other colleagues.
- Be a key participant with colleagues across the System and Region to lead and promote expert-to-expert knowledge sharing and accelerate development and implementation of existing and new System, Regional, and Ministry-specific initiatives that advance clinical care for patients and the communities we serve.
- Gain a thorough understanding and integrate the clinical program with Providence Partners for Health, Providence Southern California's regional clinical integration initiative designed to foster improved clinical outcomes and coordination of care across the continuum in collaboration with independent aligned physicians.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in health care, business, economics or related field.
- Ten years of progressive management experience in healthcare, preferably with in-depth knowledge specific to clinical program areas across the continuum.
- Experience in an innovative, multi-site regionally integrated health system.
- Physician and medical group alignment and integration experience.
- Significant experience leading teams, group facilitation, project management, and building management systems.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree.
- Experience with clinical trials development.
- Experience with academic and community partnership model.
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 84314